Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP LWAPP with 2 SSID and 2 DHCP Differents

Hi everyone

I have a question

I need raise a especial configuration to 34 APs LWAPP associated to WLC 5508 with IOS 7.0.220

This is the Scenario:

We have 34 APs LWAPP with 2 SSID (Corporative & Guest), with 2 DHCP different. The Guest SSID receive IP to DHCP from WLC while SSID Corporative receive IP from Microsoft DHCP. The AP On Site are Local and the Foreign AP are configured like H-REAP (H-REAP Local switching and Learn Client IP Address are marked)

Here is the thing, I need configure a new WLAN (Pruebas) for add to 34 APs (Local and Foreign) but this new WLAN must be receive IP from a New Microsoft DHCP

Firstly I configured a new Physical interface and linked to New WLAN (Pruebas) however i don't know how configure the AP and the DHCP because I want that the AP deliver IP addresses depending the Locality.

The last because the SuperScope from DHCP is divided in various subnets and because the IP from the AP will be in another VLAN

Any idea?

thanks

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

DHCP broadcast for locally switched wireless clients will be bridged at the local switch where AP is connected, as along as dhcp server is at that vlan or at L3 accessible via ip-helper is fine.

So on the remote site switches(where the APs got the ssid - Pruebas), you need to configure ip-helper on the respective interface/vlan to reach the msoft dhcp server.

3 REPLIES

You can create AP groups and map different locations to different interfaces. Different interfaces can be configured for different subnets and different DHCP servers.

Here is a config exmaple:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Cisco Employee

DHCP broadcast for locally switched wireless clients will be bridged at the local switch where AP is connected, as along as dhcp server is at that vlan or at L3 accessible via ip-helper is fine.

So on the remote site switches(where the APs got the ssid - Pruebas), you need to configure ip-helper on the respective interface/vlan to reach the msoft dhcp server.

Re: AP LWAPP with 2 SSID and 2 DHCP Differents

Hi guys

Thanks for the help

I configure the port where is connected the AP in Trunk, and tagged the VLAN like Native to VLAN where is the IP Administration to AP

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan X

switchport mode trunk

And in the New Interface VLAN (where link the new SSID) I configured the ip-helper to the DHCP,

interface vlan X

ip address 192.168.185.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address X.X.X.X

all this for the Switching & Routing Part, because in the Wireless Part, I just configure the AP in H-REAP and in VLAN Mapping configure the SSID Pruebas with VLAN ID (the same VLAN in Switch)

Thanks a lot for you support

I wrote the commands for someone with the same problem

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content