Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Migration

CraigHawkey
Level 1
Level 1

I have two WLC's(4402)

I have done an IOS upgrade to the first WLC and taken the second out of production for now.

When I put the second WLC back into production in order to perform the same upgrade am I able to stop my AP's from migrating back to the second WLC until I have completed the IOS upgrade ?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

If you put WLC #1 in Master Controller Mode I don't think the AP's will try to migrate to WLC #2 when it comes back on-line. Just make sure you return WLC #1 to normal operating mode once you are complete.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion Rob.

Strange thing is I tried putting WLC#1 into "Master Controller" Mode but for some reason a few AP's still migrate to WLC#2.

Almost think it is a load balancing thing between the two WLC's.

Hi Craig,

If you log on to the controller using HTTP & go to the Wireless tab you will see all the associated APs. If you click on one of the listed you will see the details for that AP. On this screen, you can specify which controller you want this particular AP to prefer. You can specify up to three controllers.

HTH

CNF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: