Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP operation status down

I just setup a new lan controller and registered some AP's successfully, however the AP's are not broading the SSID's and I noticed that their operational state is down.

Why is it down and I do I bring them back up?

From the controller I can see the AP's are all enabled.

Pls help             

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AP operation status down

Do a:

>show 802.11b

>show 802.11a

And post the results please

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Post some screen shots and also from the WLC cli do a show ap summary.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Cisco Employee

AP operation status down

Hi Ronni,

There could be a number of reasons why it is currently in the DOWN state for 'Operational State':

- Is the radio for that AP(802.11a or 802.11bg) Administratively disabled?  If so you will have to manually enable again through Wireless > Access Points > 802.11a or 802.11bg > Hover over small blue box far right > Configure

- Is the network disabled for that specific band?  You can check the network under wireless > 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n > Network.  Make sure the checkbox is checked for network status.

If it is not one of these two issues, then we will need more information on the controller model/software in addition to the access points model you are trying to join to give us a better understanding of the hardware involved.

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

(Cisco Controller) >show ap summary

Number of APs.................................... 5

Global AP User Name.............................. Not Configured
Global AP Dot1x User Name........................ Not Configured

AP Name             Slots  AP Model              Ethernet MAC       Location          Port  Country  Priority
------------------  -----  --------------------  -----------------  ----------------  ----  -------  ------
AP_NORTHWEST         2     AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9     f8:72:ea:24:4b:89  North west corne  1        US       1
AP_SOUTHWEST         2     AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9     f8:72:ea:24:4b:9a  default location  1        US       1
AP_CENTERNORTH       2     AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9     f8:72:ea:a6:c6:3e  default location  1        US       1
AP_CENTERSOUTH       2     AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9     6c:41:6a:92:ab:d0  default location  1        US       1
AP_SOUTHEAST         2     AIR-CAP2602E-A-K9     f8:72:ea:23:c9:d6  default location  1        US       1

The admin status is enabled yet the operational status is still DOWN.

Do a:

>show 802.11b

>show 802.11a

And post the results please

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

That was the problem, the 802.11b Network and 802.11a Network were disabled. Thank you very much

Views
Helpful
Replies