cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Setup: difference between WAP561, AIR-SAP702I and AIR-CAP702I with controller

brenner01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am planning on creating a small WLAN-Network in a Hotel (4APs, max. 100 Users). I was looking intensively at the Cisco WAP561 and the Air700 products. What I don’t find are the specific differences between a setup using 4 WAP561 and a setup using 4 AIR-SAP702I without controller.

How can those APs be configured? (Central Configuration via 1 AP?)

How is the roaming handled? (handoff…)

I do get the benefits of the setup using 4 AIR-CAP702I with a Controller (AIR-CT2504-5-K9), but what do I gain except a better handoff?

I would be happy if someone could explain the key differences or link to suitable pages/documents.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Tobias Brenner

Edit: To compare my possible setups, I am now looking for an article describing detailed how 4 WAP561 do work in an environment without a controller.

2 Replies 2

Dhiresh Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/prod_white_paper0900aecd8040f7b2.html

Dear Dhiresh Yadav,

thank you for this interesting article.

To compare my possible setups, I am now looking for an article describing detailed how 4 WAP561 do work in an environment without a controller.

Thanks a lot!

Tobias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card