Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP WGB and repeater

Hi, I am setting up a second 1252 as a workgroup bridge via Radio1. Everything work fine via the ethernet port.

I also setting up Radio0 as a AP and using bridge-group to bridge between the two radio. Device can associate with it, however the traffic does not pass to the ROOT AP.

My question is when AP radoi1 in station-role workgroup-bridge , does radio0 still possible as station-role root ? and how to configure to have traffic from radio0 relay to radio1 to root AP ? possible?

Gerald.

2 REPLIES

Re: AP WGB and repeater

Gerald,

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to do.. Workgroup Bridge mode allows you to connect the access point to cisco access point as if it were a client device and then you would connect the ethernet port to a switch to distribute the connection.

So in that case the radio (whether it's the 802.11a Radio 1 or the 802.11b/g Radio 0) needs to be configured as a workgroup bridge.

The Radio mode Root is more for setting up a point to point link, in either event in order for you to pass traffice from any interface to another they'd have to be in bridge-groups.

is your goal to have something like shown here.

< SSID: Employee  ><    SSID: Remote    >

<   802.11a Radio   ><   802.11bg Radio   >

\__/    ))))      ((((    \__/    ))))      ((((    \__/

|    |                      |    |---------             |    | -------------------

Wireless AP          WGB AP/    |       Non-Root AP           |

Root AP    ||                                     |

||                                     |

____|_____                     ____|____

|  SWITCH   |                  |  SWITCH   |

If this is the desired configuration I think it's possible but I have never actually done it in the field.

Hope this helps. Feel free to rate this.

Thanks.

Re: AP WGB and repeater

Hi Kayle,

The setup is not exactly as you've described.

Let me explain :

AP-1 (ROOT)                                                               AP-2 (WBG)

Radio0 ))) (Use by Office A laptops)                       Radio0 ))) (Use by Office B Laptops)

Radio1 (Connect to AP-2) )))))))))))         (((((((((((( Radio1

|                                                                                  |

|                                                                                  |

Switch                                                                      Switch

(Office A Network)                                                  (Office B Network)

What I want to achieve is using Radio 1 to link between APs.

At the moment AP-2 link to switch is working correctly, however laptop can associate to AP-2 Radio0 SSID but no traffic passing through to AP-1 via Radio1.

Just want to find out whether this is possible.

Rg,

Gerald.

Views
Helpful
Replies