Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.
For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.
I have an issue where configuring an switch interface to a trunk knocks the AP (3502i) off the grid.
When I configure the Cisco 3560 as
switchport access vlan 228
switchport mode access
AP stands up.
When I configure as
switchport trunk encap dot1q
switchport trunk native vlan 228
switchport trunk allowed vlan 228, 230
switchport mode trunk
I can plug a laptop into the trunked interface with a static IP and ping devices sucessfully.
I have 3 other sites that are configured the same with no issues.
Steps I have taken...
1. I clear the configuration on the AP - 'clear lwapp private-config'
2. Give it a staic IP, DG and specify the controller IP
3. Reload the AP
4. AP Stands up when switch interface is configured as an access port
5. Can reconfigure via the GUI on the WLC (cisco 5500)
6. Change switch interface to a dot1q trunk - FAILS
The AP is in H-Reap mode, Native VLAN 228, VLAN mappings 230, IP, Subnet and DG are correct
Any ideas? I am a tad lost on things to try out...
Go to Solution.
Make sure you do not have this global command on the switch:
vlan dot1q tag native
Sent from my iPhone
Many thanks Scott, that was the silver bullet
You can test this by removing the native vlan command