Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP with Power Level 0

Hello community,

in the wireless LAN infrastructure of my customer, I noticed some 1142 Accesspoints with Power Level 0 (TPC). I tried to configure this via Prime (1.3) and directly at the Controller (5508, 7.0) but you can´t set it (the pull down menu is empty).  As far as I know, you can set the Power Level to 1-8. I only know this effect with autonomous Accesspoints migrated in Prime.

Does someone know what happens or how to fix it? Is it a known Bug?

Thank you in advance,

Benjamin

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: AP with Power Level 0

what is the wlc code?

what is the power level if you see it on wlc?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi, it's code 7.0.240.0. On both controller and prime It looks the same: on some 1142 Accesspoints power level is set to "0" and I can't change it. I have to add, only 802.11a radios seem to have this problem.

I think the sw version is supported with prime 1.3

Regards
Benjamin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I think you may need to upgrade to the latest WLC version ie 7.4 to support this.

Hi, thank you for the answer. Hmmm...really? It´s a basic function to adjust the transmit power, therefore I guessed it would be a sw or hw bug. I plan to upgrade the sw due to some hardware change this year, maybe we catch it with this. Any other ideas? My hope was that somebody had this effect, too.

Regards,

Benjamin

Cisco Employee

Can you upload the wlc sreenshot and show run config?

Hi, I'm not onsite and have no possibility to post the config. Thank you guys, if the problem isn't fixed after sw update I will open a SR.

Regards
Benjamin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content