Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP 'x' disassociated from Controller 'x.x.x.x'.

Apologies in advance for the cross-post as this is also on the general board but I think this board is more appropriate for the type of question I was asking.

The alarm on Cisco's WCS is going off for the interface .11b/g and .11a going down. It also has an alarm going off with: AP 'x' disassociated from Controller 'x.x.x.x'. These three alarms are for the same AP. Whenever I go the "Alarms" section of WCS, they are generally refreshed with the most current time. Does this mean that the problem is intermittent or constant? I'm relatively new to the wireless game. Looking for basic troubleshooting steps. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: AP 'x' disassociated from Controller 'x.x.x.x'.

When an AP goes offline it will generate 3 alerts 1 - for the ap, 1 for the 802.11g radio, 1 for the 802.11a radio.

Based on your question, it sounds to me its offline.

Perhaps the ap lost switch connectivity, power or something else.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies