cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 MAC filtering not working correctly in IOS 12.2.8

koksm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i experienced some problems with MAC address filtering to allow only several clients cards to associate. I was using the 1200 with 12.2.8 IOS.

In the association table the client was not visible, but the ACU software on the client said it was associated.

I am using a local MAC address database, not via a server.

After an upgrade to IOS 12.2.11 it all worked fine. Hope this helps...

2 Replies 2

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

I have not seen any bugs for MAC Address filtering on the AP 1200. If the same setup worked with 12.2.11 but did not work with 12.2.8, it would be safe to assume that the problem was caused by a software bug.

I haven't seen any bugs regarding that either, and that's why i was fighting it for a long time. Finally, when i didn't know what to do anymore, i performed the upgrade.

With the 12.2.8 software, the association table did not show the client, the clients ACU software said 'associated', but traffic could not get trough.

After the upgrade i did not change any of the settings, and it worked right away.

I am using a european type AP (ETSI).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card