cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200

ali.asghar
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create a Management Interface VLAN in AP1200, and assign an IP address. I like to create four VLANs in AP1200, just like a Catalyst Layer 2 switch, and create a VLAN Virtual Interface w/ an IP address for remote managment, the other (3) vlans will act as a seperate broadcast domains.

2) Since it will have multiple VLANS, I will have to trunk ports. Will I only have to trunk 802.1q Ethernet port that connects to the wired LAN?

2 Replies 2

5r-graves
Level 1
Level 1

You can create a management interface on the 1200. VLAN 1 should already be created on the AP.

As far as the VLANS and trunks go, all you have to do is trunk the Ethernet link between the 1200 and the switch.

If you have 3 VLANS, you will have to set up 3 SSID's and associate the SSID's to the VLANS on a one for one bases. When you configure your clients, you will configure them with the SSID of the VLAN that you want them in.

For example if you have a SSID of Test mapped to VLAN 10, then all clients that you want in VLAN 10 will have to use the Test SSID.

5r-graves
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card