cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1232AGs in a building to building wirelss trunking VLANs

lucifuge
Level 1
Level 1

I've been searching for some config examples, but don't seem to be coming up with much on this. I have 2 AP1232s that I'd like to use temporarily as a building to building wireless bridge to trunk 6 VLANs to my new office (100 yards away). I've got a 3524POE on one side and a 6509 on the other. I'd like to use the APs in bridge mode to simply connect the two trunk ports together.

I've been playing with these things for a few hours now, and don't seem to be having any luck. Even with getting them to pass traffic without VLANs. They're associated with each other (one is set as a root bridge, the other as a non-root bridge) and that's about it...no traffic is passing.

Does anyone know of a config example of s setup somewhere close to this that I can take a look at? I know these might not be the optimal equipment for the job, but thery're very temporary (they'll end up being the APs in the new space once I'm done moving servers and circuits over).

Thanks in advance,

Daryl

2 Replies 2

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

Are you able to ping from the root bridge to the non-root bridge? Try using the following document, This document explains with a configuration example on how to configure point to point links using Wireless bridges.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

sorvarit
Level 1
Level 1

1. Create a native Vlan on both devices. My advice is to use the same Vlan you used for switch management. Switchport config for 6509 and 3524:

Switchport mode trunk

Switchport trunk native vlan xxx

Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q (if supported)

Switchport nonegotiate

2. Create a infrastructure SSID for the native Vlan. Set proper encryption for this Vlan and SSID. If you can WPA2 should be used (Cipher AES CCMP + TKIP).

3. Create the other Vlans you will trunk on both bridges. Its not neccesary to set any encryption or create SSIDs to theese Vlans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card