Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1240 problem

kamarul83
Level 1
Level 1

hi..

Do you have any idea why the radio will disable after i configure the AP1240 as workgroup bridge?

24 Replies 24

oh. i'm sorry. i thought you want me to change the SSID. Do you mean the Client Authentication Setting?

Tell you what - can you post the primary's AP configuration the "root" and re-post the current 1240 ap configuration the "workgroup bridge"

I will take them into my lab and test them?

FYI, for the primary AP (1300 series outdoor)still on the site.

below is current 1240AP:-

!

version 12.3

no service pad

service timestamps debug datetime msec

service timestamps log datetime msec

service password-encryption

!

hostname ap

!

enable secret xxx.

!

ip subnet-zero

ip domain name m

!

!

no aaa new-model

!

dot11 ssid client

authentication open

!

power inline negotiation prestandard source

!

crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-1842759256

enrollment selfsigned

subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-1842759256

revocation-check none

rsakeypair TP-self-signed-1842759256

!

!

crypto ca certificate chain TP-self-signed-1842759256

certificate self-signed 01 nvram:IOS-Self-Sig#3601.cer

username Cisco password 7 032752180500

!

bridge irb

!

!

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

ssid client

!

speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

station-role workgroup-bridge

infrastructure-client

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

!

interface Dot11Radio1

no ip address

no ip route-cache

shutdown

speed basic-6.0 9.0 basic-12.0 18.0 basic-24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

station-role root

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control

bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source

no bridge-group 1 source-learning

no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding

!

interface FastEthernet0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

duplex auto

speed auto

bridge-group 1

hold-queue 160 in

!

interface BVI1

ip address 192.168.1.134 255.255.255.0

no ip route-cache

!

ip http server

no ip http secure-server

ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag

!

!

control-plane

!

bridge 1 route ip

!

!

!

line con 0

line vty 0 4

login local

!

end

do you have the config for the 1300 AP? Do you know what the root SSID is configured on the 1300AP?? Without this information - this issue cannot be resolved.

OK - so I have been in my lab and found the following that would create the same situation that you are seeing:-

1) The radio interface on the root AP is down - then the workgroup ap radio interface would not come up.

2)The radio interface on the root AP as an ssid - then the workgroup ap radio interface has a different ssid in the radio interface, then it would not come up.

3) The radio interface on the root AP has encryption enabled - then the workgroup ap radio without the same encryption on the interface would not come up.

4) The radio interface on the root AP has encryption enabled, with a pre-shared key - then the workgroup ap radio with the same encryption but no pre-shared key on the interface would not come up.

5) The workgoup bridge AP is not close enough to the current root AP.

The above is all I could test in my lunch hour.

HTH.

Thanks.

I will let you know if i have a AP1300 Series configuration.

Also keep you update if there have a improvement of AP1240.

andrew I wanted to say thanks for posting this link. I've been wrestling for hours with my AP1242AG access point and could not get it to work as a bridge but the link you gave cleared it all up.

Cheers, Tony

If clustering is enabled on the WAP, a pop-up will notify you to disable clustering in order for the WorkGroup Bridge to work. Click OK to continue. To disable clustering, choose Single Point Setup from the navigation pane then choose Access Points > Disable Single Point Setup.
 Click the radio interface for the WorkGroup Bridge. When you configure one radio as a WorkGroup Bridge, the other radio remains operational. The radio interfaces correspond to the radio frequency bands of the WAP. The WAP is equipped to broadcast on two different radio interfaces. Configuring settings for one radio interface will not affect the other. Radio interface options may vary depending on the WAP model. Some WAPs show Radio 1 as 2.4 GHz while some have Radio 2 as 2.4 GHz.

The dual-radio fallback features allows you to configure access points so that if the non-root bridge link connecting the access point to the network infrastructure goes down, the root access point link through which a client connects to the access point shut down. Shutting down the root access point link causes the client to roam to another access point. Without this feature, the client remains connected to the access point, but won't be able to send or receive data from the network.
This feature is supported by the dual-radio access points such as AP1240, AP1230, and AP 1130.
This feature does not affect the fallback feature for single-radio access points.
You can configure dual-radio fallback in three ways:
•Radio tracking
•Fast Ethernet tracking
•MAC-address tracking
You use the data rate settings to choose the data rates the wireless device uses for data transmission. The rates are expressed in megabits per second. The wireless device always attempts to transmit at the highest data rate set to Basic, also called Require on the browser-based interface. If there are obstacles or interference, the wireless device steps down to the highest rate that allows data transmission. You can set each data rate to one of three states:
•Basic (the GUI labels Basic rates as Required)—Allows transmission at this rate for all packets, both unicast and multicast. At least one of the wireless device's data rates must be set to Basic.
•Enabled—The wireless device transmits only unicast packets at this rate; multicast packets are sent at one of the data rates set to Basic.
•Disabled—The wireless device does not transmit data at this rate.

@sbhadrav

This topic is from 2008, you probably didn't need to comment on it :P

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card