Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP1242AG configure with CLI

I had to reset my AP1242AG access point with the mode button. Now I'm trying to assign an IP address in the CLI interface.

In the config guide it says 'when you see these line in the CLI press Esc

####################'

When I start the AP I clearly see these lines in the CLI but when I press Esc nothing happens. I don't get the ap: prompt, it goes the same old ap> prompt and I can't do a thing with it.

Why does nothing happen when I press Esc? Is there some other key I should press? I remember seeing once a config guide that said CTRL-(something) but I couldn't find this again. Thanks for any help, this is driving me insane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AP1242AG configure with CLI

Well if you can get to the ap> promt, then it looks like you reset your ap. Type in enable and hit enter. Then when it ask you for a password, enter Cisco. Now you should see ap#. Now type config t and hit enter and then interface BVI1 hit enter. Now type ip address hit enter.... then type no shut.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

Well if you can get to the ap> promt, then it looks like you reset your ap. Type in enable and hit enter. Then when it ask you for a password, enter Cisco. Now you should see ap#. Now type config t and hit enter and then interface BVI1 hit enter. Now type ip address hit enter.... then type no shut.

-Scott

thanks very much for your response fella5, your instructions worked and I am now able to set the ip through the CLI.

just one thing - what does the 'no shut' command do?

The shut puts the interface in Administrativley down. No traffic will be able to pass. If ou so a show ip inter brief, you will see the status of all the interfaces. The no shut will allow traffic to pass. Like in a switch, if you want to disable a port you would do a shut on the port and to bring it back up you would do a no shut.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies