Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

AP2600 and Windows 8

Hello,

I am having a very strange problem. I have a Windows8 workstation that just won't connect to my wifi network. I have no problem with other devices.

The wifi network is a 2600 AP running in autonomous mode, version 15.2(4)JB3a. It is running wireless n in g and a band with bandselect.

SSID is WPA2 with AES (CCMP+TKIP)

The portable is a Sony Vaio SVE151G17M.

When i connect to the network with the proper key, all i get from windows is "can't connect to the network" (key is ok).

I have already tried the following:

- disabled Aironet extensions: no difference

- advertise extended capabilities: OFF: no difference

- key rotation disabled: no difference

- WMM disabled: no difference

- QOS disabled: no difference

- The SSID is broadcasted, not hidden: no difference

- Also to tackle bugid CSCua29504, the AP was upgraded to the latest  software: no difference.I upgraded anyway, although the bug notes say  that autonomous APs were not affected by it.

- I am not administrator of the PC, so updating wifi drivers is out of the question (but see below)

- i have not changed any core wifi parameters (like beacon intervals  etc)

- Ethernet encapsulation left at RFC1042, not 802.1H (not tried)

- Enable client MFP on SSID: NONE/optional/required: no difference at all.

I am out of ideas. And guess what ? As a workaround, I setup a second SSID on an old DLINK router, also wireless-n, WPA2 with AES/TKIP, no problems at all !

regards,

GN

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AP2600 and Windows 8

This might work fine with other vendors, but typically will not work when using Cisco equipment

SSID is WPA2 with AES (CCMP+TKIP)

You need to remove TKIP and then remove the profile on the Windows 8 machine and try again. Since you have no control of managing the device, the is your only other thing you can do.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello, I have the same AP

Hello, 

I have the same AP 2600 with the wireless security setting. Have you been able to remedy anything besides working on the additional AP?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content