Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP350 Losses Ethernet Backbone Connection when connected to a 2950?

I have a cisco 2950 with 5 x Access Point 350's connected to it. The first access point in connected via a UTP cable as its was within 100Mtrs. The other four, are connected via fibre cable and media convertors. I have lost ethernet backbone connectivity on on all the units connected via fibre, yet the 2950 still has a link light on. The fibres have all been tested and have a db loss of less than 1 and the media convertors have been swapped out. All access points are configured as Root/Access Points and are not in repeater mode?

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AP350 Losses Ethernet Backbone Connection when connected to

This is a good document for troubleshooting connectivity issues in wireless lan.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/connectivity.html

Is Autodetect enabled on the AP? If so set it to 100 Mb/sec.

Anonymous
N/A

We have had a lot of trouple with fibre transceivers. They always give an up/up in the switch regardless of what is happening farther down. How are you powering the AP? Obviously power will not go through the fibre.

I would try and hardcode both ends (2950 and 350/1200) to 100MB (or 10 if the transceivers are 10BaseT). Doing that solved my issues once.

Cheers,

ME

Contact the transceiver vendor. This is ringing a very faint bell, but I had a similar problem and the vendor told me that there was a problem using his media converters with Cisco gear. Something about the order of events when a link comes up. He offered a fix for it, but it was cheaper to buy another vendor's stuff. I could probably dig up a better reference/description if I had to.

Views
Helpful
Replies