Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following link to refer-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26228

Hope this will help you.

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Gays,

Seems the configuration already using the suggest one. It still having the problem. Also many people report Apple device unable to join or always disconnect to Cisco Wireless network. Did anyone have some more tips on it? Or Cisco haven't any idea to fix it??

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Cassian,

I was a beta tester for 7.5 and the 11ac module. What exactly is your issue. Maybe I can help ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George,

Please see my setup, I have enable the 802.11r &w in the SSID. I have turn on the debug on the WLC, but cannot see any things. I have try over 20+ mac book pro, still have the same provlems. Did you got this result?? Can you share the good configuration setting for Apple device???

I see a few things ..
1. Turn off 802.11r
2. Select a single encryption wpa tkip or wap2 aes ..
3. Don't check box cckm

Then try it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

If i disable the 802.11r, Apple ipad will have roaming issue. Any more input?

Most devices don't support 802.11r today. This may be the cause of your issue. Disable it and see. If it is and you need 802.11r then you would need to add another WLAN.

But the other mentions I said are all valid as well amd will cause issues with apple devices including macs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

My site only have Apple device, so which configuration is the best for me??

Apple downs support cckm on any device so disable that. 802.11r only works for devices that support it and since not all apple devices do disabled it. Apple and other clients are known to have issues when dual encryption is set. Choose wpa2 aes and not wap tkip or the other way around ..

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your information. But the iPad using IOS 6 don't support CCKM.

No apple devices support cckm. In fact when enabled some apples won't connect becuase it can not negotiate cckm ..

Give this a read my friend ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/vowlan/bestpractices/EntBP-AppMobDevs-on-Wlans.pdf

cassian.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks George, i already read this before and follow this setting already. I have fixed the problem, the mac book pro need to upgrade to 10.8.4

That's interesting .. I'm in my lab and with you settings my Mac won't connect .. I remove cckm she connects ..

If your saying it's working with the config you showed that sounds odd to me ..