Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

Hi ,

In our wireless infrastructure we have forgien and anchor controllers which handling the guest users . We have four WLC 5508 series with version 7.4.100.60 . Is there any way so apple TV can work from the guest WLAN , will multicast work fine with EoIP tunnel and how ?

8 REPLIES
Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

mDNS profiles should work, though I've not tried it w/ Anchor/foreign WLC's.

Keep in mind the multicast is only used for service advertisement/discovery. Streaming/screen sharing is unicast.

Cisco Employee
Community Member

Re: Apple TV with Anchor WLC

I've had the same challenge with a customer with apple tv and anchor controller. the only software capable of doing right now after testing is 7.5. I did'nt have the time to do in a in depth analysing with i think it indeed has something to do with multicast over anchor tunnel. i've red somewhere that this is supported in 7.5, only i did not found this in the release notes. only the foreign controller need the 7.5 software. the anchor does not need it and is running a 7.0 release.

the customer is running 7.5 only in a test environment and not in production.

apple tv without a anchor controller and 7.4/7.3 is working fine with the Mdns feature.

Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

Hi ,

The vesion 7.4.100.60 is working fine with the anchor controllers but for some phones only !!! Actually i am not sure if version 7.5 will solve this issue .

Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

My issue is solved now with the same version 7.4.100.60 . Actually after adding the (AirTunes) service in the mDNS profile

the idevices with version more than 6.0 begin to work fine with the Apple TV .

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

Hello Mohammad,

that is the way it should have worked. No need to go for versiob 7.5. Please mark the post as answered if your query is resolved.

Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

hello Mohammad,

i've tested it with a foreign controller with 7.5 and 7.4. on the anchor controller i had all time 7.2.110.0 installed. with 7.5 apple tv screen sharing is working right away, when i install 7.4 it does not work. do you have also installed 7.4 on the anchor controller? I could not because it was a production controller and the foreign is a test controller.

Community Member

Apple TV with Anchor WLC

Hi Arne ,

Yes i had the same issue before so when i upgraded the anchor to 7.4 things work fine .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content