Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APs join WLC, but not agent

I have a stack of 3850 switches running as a WLC. I've gotten the WLC up and running and have several directly connected APs that have joined and are functional. I have a second stack on another floor that I've tried to setup as a mobility agent. The output of 'show wireless mobility summary' on both the WLC and the agent indicates that the relationship between the two exists and communications are good.

Any attempt to plug an AP into the agent stack is being met with failure. I can bring the same AP back up and connect it directly to the WLC stack and it works properly. All VLANs are setup properly and CAPWAP tunnel appears to be functional between the two stacks. Ports on agent switch are appropriately setup to switchport access mode on the correct VLAN for the wireless management.

Hopefully someone on here is smarter than me and will point out something stupid that I've overlooked. Any help?

1 Reply 1

Setting up NTP on the agent and adding the mac address of the APs to the mac filtering table on the agent has allowed the APs to join the agent. I can now see the APs from the GUI of the agent, but not the WLC. It's almost as if it is operating as a separate WLC. I'm going to post a separate question on the WLC-Agent model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card