Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5520 WLAN CONFIGURATIONS

hey we have a ASA 5520 and have some interfaces free for connectivity. we have some wireless devices that needs to be in some seperate vlan. i only know that it required to be terminated on physicall port on asa and on 2960 switch but what other configurations are required can you please help me out.

regards

4 REPLIES

Hi usman,

First you need to create  interface ou sub interface on firewall.(define,IP address,Vlan).

My question is, do you have WLC ? If so, Do the next steps:

After that, the Port in switch that you have been configure in trunk mode for Inside interface, you will need to be add that vlan you create in ASA.

Create DHCP Server in ASA for the next Interface Wifi.

On switch:

You only need to create Vlan in switch.

After that create WAN,interfaces,DHCP (But disable) in Wireless Lan Controller.

If you don´t have WLC, it's simple too.

You only need to create the interface too, create DHCP Pool in your Windows/Linux DHCP Server.
Add that vlan to the port in mode trunk who connect Between Asa and Switch.
Configure VLan on Switch

Regards,
Ruben

thank you ruben, please review the scaniro in detail please;

our asa 5520 have only four ports which is already occupied. we have blade Wireless control system inside 6509. all the wireless traffic is connected to asa 5520 on outside interface and then they reach intranet or they leave for internet traffic from router.

now there are some devices which needs to be connected through wireless lan that should be only accessed by those devices only.

Now i created the sub-interface on g 1.10 and assign the same vlan id as on wireles contorl manager and same ip address but the issue is that the dhcp server which is windows one is on other vlan and so the devices wont get the ip address i am so confused in this one...please help me

regards

Silver

try the ip helper command as the dhcp broadcast needs to be directed to the DHCP server on the vlan where you are gettign the problem

Hi usman,

On the sub-interface that you already created, you add the vlan to the port in mode trunk that pluged between ASA and Switch ?
You already create a Vlanf for this interface ?
And use ip helper-address on configuration of Vlan like as example I show now:

ip helper-address DHCP Server of Vlan of Wifi

standby ip

standby timers msec 300 1

standby priority

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content