Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate/reassociate problem with 350 bridges on a regular basis

I have set up 2 350 series wireless bridges approxiamately 2.25 miles apart on towers using the Cisco satellite dish antennas. The 140' 7/8" and 100' 1/2" helix cabling on each end has been checked for continunity and is ok. Line of sight is not an issue. The bridges spanning tree setting has been disabled. Each bridge has a static IP address. We are not using WEP yet. Every 18 minutes the bridges lose their association and have to reassociate (this takes one second per time). This associate/reassociate occurs 5 times in less than a minute and then the bridges are fine for the next 18 minutes until it reoccurs. This process continues 24 hours each and every day. In testing of the network link by moving data over the wireless link it does not seem to affect the transfer of data when the bridges lose their association. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Associate/reassociate problem with 350 bridges on a regular

I found some of the troubleshooting resources on CCO. You may want to go through that

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:Wireless_LAN_General&s=Verification_and_Troubleshooting

There is nothing that actually explains a fix for this problem, as we have the same problerm which cause the ethernet to timeout and stop transmitting until the association and reassociations have completed. Although the associations take little time to re-associate the LAN - LAN pings take a few minutes to recover and make it impossible to send data.

Thanks

Jason.broadbent@allnet.co.uk

I sympathize, we have the same issue. We've opened a case with our reseller, we've opened a TAC case, and no one knows why the BR350's do this. Cisco has even sent out replacement units for every bridge, and we still have the same problem. There is a Bonsai firmware available from Cisco that helps the reassociate issue, but it caused our bridges to crash sometimes. We've done everything, and there simply is no fix for this. One thing I can tell you that no one ever told us is to set your antenna's Transmit and Recieve to "RIGHT" antenna for both. The default is Diversity for some reason, and it causes the signal strength to flap up and down. It will stabalize the link some, but not eliminate the problem entirely.

Cisco Employee

Hi Gents

Please try the work around posted by my colleague Nilesh found here

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee94d5e

If this still does not work then you will need to work through the TAC to get this resolved.

It should be noted that the firmware upgrades and work around WILL NOT resolve the problem if you have a RF related problem

Before the firmware upgrade and implementing the work around you should ensure that you have the optimum RF link

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content