cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Associate SSID with only one user

alkabeer80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have created new ssid and i want to associate only one IP address with this SSID, so that only this user will be allowed to connect to AP.

I have controller 5500 series.

thanksssss

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discard my Previous post.. thats for the Autonomous AP.. here is the same on WLC environment..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

Please let me know if this helps and dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

SUrendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

Sir,

it seems you are using HREAP access point. right?

If your HREAP is using local authentication it will not support MAC filtering by design.

You need either to move the AP to centralized authentication or change it from HREAP to Local mode.

With HERAP Local authentication mac filtering does not work and this is mentioned in foot notes in WLC GUI -> WLANs -> choose WLAN -> security -> Layer 2. (I am using verison 7.0.116.0. not sure if difference on other versoins).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure MAC filter allowing only 1 MAC and this will not allow any other mac to connect.. this is the easient way to do it..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058ed26.shtml#macbasedacls

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discard my Previous post.. thats for the Autonomous AP.. here is the same on WLC environment..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

Regards

SUrendra

Regards
Surendra BG

hi thanks for reply, i have checked the MAC filtering it shows "MAC Filtering is not supported with HREAP Local authentication"

Can i do it with IP address ?

Can i do it with IP address ?

No because anyone can get the IP address.  Static IP address won't help either because someone can configure static address on their client and could cause issues.

what about this message

"MAC Filtering is not supported with HREAP Local authentication"

Sir,

it seems you are using HREAP access point. right?

If your HREAP is using local authentication it will not support MAC filtering by design.

You need either to move the AP to centralized authentication or change it from HREAP to Local mode.

With HERAP Local authentication mac filtering does not work and this is mentioned in foot notes in WLC GUI -> WLANs -> choose WLAN -> security -> Layer 2. (I am using verison 7.0.116.0. not sure if difference on other versoins).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: