cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Association problems ???

ocajica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody I have a little problem, I have two Ap´s, both 1200 series, one works only with 802.11b (called A) and the other works with 802.11b and g (called B), both has the same configuration and a PC desktop with 802.11b and g card, the PC is closer to AP A , but the PC try to associate to AP B wich it´s 15 meters away, So I don´t know what parameters it´s necesary to change for the PC works with with AP A.

thanks and best regards

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

If you're using a Cisco a/b/g NIC and client software ("ADU"), then go to the "Advanced" tab. You can select which bands to enable, and choose a preferred AP.

If it's not a Cisco NIC, most client software gives you a place to enter a preferred AP.

MS Wireless Zero Config (I believe) does not offer a preferred AP selection.

Good Luck

Scott

thanks Scott fou your response, First We are working with Dell internal wireless cards, second I´m using windows XP to manage the NIC card. Do you know If it´s possible to do that you mentioned ?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card