Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Authenticated messages in logs on WLC

I have a number of WLC controllers and I have something a little odd on one them.  When I look in the trap logs on this one particular controller I do not see any Authenticated: messages.  I see DeAuthenticated: but not Authenticated:.  There are clients associated with the APs on that controller and when you walk in that area with a wireless device it seems to work.  I thought it might have something to do with the logging level but those settings look the same as the rest of them.  I don't think I am having an operational issue but it just kind of odd on the logging of messages.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Authenticated messages in logs on WLC

Check the trap log controls under MANAGEMENT>SNMP>Trap Controls.  Under the client options, is 'Authentication' enabled?  usually this is off by default b/c most folks are interested in the failed ones and not the successful ones.  Plus, successful ones would fill up the logs quite quickly.

Thanks,

Lee

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Check the trap log controls under MANAGEMENT>SNMP>Trap Controls.  Under the client options, is 'Authentication' enabled?  usually this is off by default b/c most folks are interested in the failed ones and not the successful ones.  Plus, successful ones would fill up the logs quite quickly.

Thanks,

Lee

Yeah that was it....Thought I had looked through that stuff.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies