Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Automatically pre-configuration of LWAPP APs

Hi there,

what are my options to pre-configure new APs automatically before?

Environment:

central Cisco 5508 HA cluster and 2602 APs at all locations. In all locations there is a DHCP server is located. All DHCP servers are configured,so they find the controller (HQ) (option 43, etc.). The APs working in Flex Connect mode. Each location has its own VLANs and SSIDs.

Is there a way, a (suitable for location) receive the new APs a specific configuration of the WLC?

Or you can I, before the APs are connected in the location, provide you with a specific configuration?

So if you have good ideas for me?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What you can do is prime the

What you can do is prime the APs before they are shipped out to site.

This gives you an added bonus to visually inspect the APs for any defect (like faulty APs).

Cisco Employee

AP's can only have the very

AP's can only have the very small set of configuration persisted, as most of the other configuration is sent by controller once AP joins it.

Priming is good option as Leo Suggested, So that AP joins a pre-configured WLC.

Rest every other configuration will be done by WLC on AP, no option of having the entire configuration on AP beforehand, except it being on Auto mode.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Bronze

Hi,Actually when you use you

Hi,

Actually when you use you AP with the WLC it don't have configuration rights on it,

It just perform the radio communication no more than this, so when you bring AP in your network and use flex-connect then all the configuration reflects/provisions from WLC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content