Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Autonomous AP DHCP Pool LAP1142

I am trying to set up an LAP1142 to hand out DHCP addresses to wireless clients only. Meaning - I would like the AP to act like your typical home wireless router in that you just plug it in and it sets up and devices get an ip address and all traffic goes out through the internet port. For example - I don't want DHCP addresses to be handed out on BVI1 - only the wireless adapter. BVI1 should pick up a DHCP address from a modem and then all wireless traffic goes out through BVI1 to the modem. I hope this makes sense!

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

If you want wireless users &

If you want wireless users & AP to be on two different subnet, then it is not possible.

If you don't care they being on the same subnet, then you can configure DHCP pool on your AP like in normal IOS. In that case you have two DHCP server (modem & AP) for the same subnet & you need to split the scope range if you want to properly manage it. Hopefully your AP will respond to all your wireless DHCP request faster than the modem & client will get DHCP from that.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Cisco Employee

Rated Manannalage answer

VIP Purple

Thanks Ravi...

Thanks Ravi...smiley

Views
Helpful
Replies