Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Autonomous mode 1242AG

We do not wish to use a controller and simply wish to plug our APs into a network switch. I understand that I need to revert the APs back to Autonomous mode, as LWAPP always looks for a controller? ...

I have obtained c1240-k9w7-tar.default, and attempted to upload to the AP via solarwinds TFTP, the server can see the AP (both 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2) but it keeps timing out on the upload, I have tried a straight-through and a cross-over cable but to no avail ...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Autonomous mode 1242AG

TFTP usually fails because of file name mismatches or path mismatch.

The filename you request must *exactly* match, spelling and case "abcde" and Abcde" and ABcde" are three different files as far as TFTP are concerned; the pathname must also be exact, including case.

Also make sure you set up Solarwinds to point to the directory containing the file, then reference it as a "root" directory in your TFTP request (i.e., even though the file is in C:\Temp\Cisco, you reference it from TFTP as tftp///)

Also note that Solarwinds has a file size limitation (as do most TFTP servers) of ~32Meg. 3COM's 3Cdaemon VERSION 2.x does NOT have the 32 Meg limitation.

If you search the forums, Rob Huffman has described a condensed version of the instructions for recovering an AP and / or switching it back to Automomous mode.

Good Luck

Scott

Bronze

Re: Autonomous mode 1242AG

I have found that sometimes when I have the .default file in my TFTP root that the Computer tends to pace a .tar AFTER the .default

I have had to physically rename this file again (removing the extra ".tar") and then she work just fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content