Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AVC Profile Not Being Applied

Hi all,

We currently have 80+ access points deployed (Aironet 1240 Series & Aironet 1600 Series) managed by a pair of 5508 controllers (Software version 7.4.100.60).

We want to employ the Application Visibility And Control feature to drop traffic from certain 'bandwidth hungry' applications (YouTube and the like). I created an AVC Profile which was to drop YouTube application traffic on one of our SSIDs. However, I'm still able to access YouTube using the application on my mobile phone.

Am I missing something obvious here in regards to configuration?

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

CSCur40312 DescriptionSymptom

CSCur40312

Symptom:
AVC does not mark and consequently drop youtube traffic if it originates from an Android mobile device. AVC can mark and drop youtube traffics if the client device is a browser (both htts and https work).

Conditions:
End client is an android mobile device.

Workaround:
None

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CSCur40312 DescriptionSymptom

CSCur40312

Symptom:
AVC does not mark and consequently drop youtube traffic if it originates from an Android mobile device. AVC can mark and drop youtube traffics if the client device is a browser (both htts and https work).

Conditions:
End client is an android mobile device.

Workaround:
None

Hi Mohanak,Many thanks for

Hi Mohanak,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I was able to verify that YouTube was indeed blocked using a web browser.

It's a bit disappointing to find that this is the case as most of the users on this particular SSID will be using android mobile devices.

Would AVC profiles block Apple devices, iPhone, iPad etc?

Many thanks,

JP

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content