Views
Helpful
Replies

Azimuth and Elevation planes on Antenna 2544

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3

Hi experts,

I was checking the AIR-ANT2544V4M-R for a warehouse and in the datasheet, there are these caracteristics that I don't really understand :

Azimuth plane (3 dB beamwidth) : omnidirectional

Elevation plane (3 dB beamwidth) 2.4 GHz band : 60 degrees

Elevation plane(3 dB beamwidth) 5 GHz band : 33 degrees

I don't really get this ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You take a look at the dbi level which is 3dbi. Then you look at the degree in which the main lobe crosses the 3dbi ‘line’. That is where you see the various degree of difference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
IF the antenna is attached on the ceiling and the dome is pointed down, Azimuth means the radiation pattern going around.
Elevation means going from top to bottom and how the signal is pushed including the "shadows".

Hi Leo,

I understand the difference between azimuth and elevation, but in the example given (antenna 2544), what's the difference between the 33 and 60 degrees ?

Thank you

You take a look at the dbi level which is 3dbi. Then you look at the degree in which the main lobe crosses the 3dbi ‘line’. That is where you see the various degree of difference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you very much Leo ! That's clear now ! :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card