Views
Helpful
Replies

Band Selection on WLC

Mazzola68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed one 5508 with 3 AP in lwapp mode for use with a band selection features, but my client with a linksys WUSB600N

use connection to 2.4Ghz.

Why ? Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance

21 Replies 21

OK, so since you see some band select stats, that would indicate that the WLC is performing band select, but for you test client, it is not associating on 5GHz for some reason.  In order to get a wireless sniffer capture, you would need to run something like Omnipeek on a laptop and recreate the issue. Is the linksys client running the latest drivers? If not, you might want to upgrade them and see if that makes a difference.  Have you tried using another dual-band capable client to see if this is just an issue with the Linksys client?

Lee

Ok

I have downloaded the latest version driver of the Lynksys but the other client is a Lenovo and a Compaq dual band 11N  but I don't now a chipset of a radio.  I have try also a 3945abg with different driver version and one aironet cb21ag-e-k9 with different driver version.

Work either over 2.4 with a band select enable or over 5 with band select disable.

Today I have also installed a secondary WLC for failover but behavior is identical

You need to open a TAC case so that we can verify your configurations, etc and possibly get a wireless sniffer capture to see what is going on in the air when your clients are trying to connect.

Lee

Thanks again to all for your help and good work

Bye

Hi, we have opened a TAC .

Do You now how I can debug a beacon over 2,5 and 5 Ghz and a probe request of my client over the AP ?

Thanks

You would need to have a wireless sniffer capture to see all of that.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Scott

I have installed airmagnet and have configured one SSID for both dot11Radio0 and Radio1 ,but Airmagnet allows a filter option scan only for a channel or BSSID (included mac address).

The BSSID of 2.4 and 5 have different mac address and I cannot scan at same time for verify band selection features because I need see:

Beacon from ap over 5Ghz

Beacon from ap over 2,4 Ghz

Probe request from client over 2,4 Ghz

Ignore probe request from AP over 2,4

Probe request over 5Ghz from client

Ack from AP over 5Ghz.

With Airmagnet(7.5 Build 10222)  I can only scan in sequence all channel or specify one frequency.

Can you hel me ?

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card