Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic configuration AP-Switch problems

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having a problem when I try to configure my AP1131 to a port in a WS-C3560-24PS-S. I've always known that the switchort must be configured as a trunk.

I will try to give a clear explanation of what I've done:

In the AP.

1.- ip address

2.- default gateway

3.- vlans configuration

4.- map SSIDs to vlans

In the switch.

Only configure the port as a trunk

interface FastEthernet0/9

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

This way I can do everything. Get access to the network, ping, telnet other devices, but not administer nor ping the AP. But if I configure the switchport as an access port:

interface FastEthernet0/9

switchport access vlan 10

switchport mode access

This way I can ping other devices from the AP, ping and telnet the AP from the wired network (my laptop). I can connect to the SSID but not ping nor telnet AP or other devices.

I hope that someone give a clue of what I'm doing wrong or forgetting to configure.

Thanks a lot

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried going through the Wireless LAN Controller and Lightweight Access Point Basic Configuration Example (Document ID: 69719)?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080665cdf.shtml

Does this document help?

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

If vlan 10 is your native vlan for the IP address, do you need the following:

switchport trunk native vlan 10

I'm not familiar with your situation, but if switchport access vlan 10 make it work, then you'll probably need to specify which vlan is the native vlan for the trunk (vlan 10) I suppose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: