Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Best setup for 802.11r support on 3502i running autonomous

Hello all,

While I received new 3502i yesterday so I upgraded both 3502i from JA to JB4 but I noticed new feature called 802.11r Configuration in the following link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/15-2_2_JB.html#wp337892

I am wondering is there a way to setup best way or recommend. All devices I have is connected to 3502i are 3 laptops, 3 gaming consoles, 5 smartphone and apple, and sometimes 3 to 20 guest with smartphone. 3502i running same SSID and WPA2-PSK AES but different channels on dual band. I would like to test within steamless like at least 50 ms between two 3502i.

By the way, which can I use two setting, over-air or over-ds I don't know what these mean.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

HiI have not tested or

Hi

I have not tested or configured this feature, but as per the document, it seems like you need to have WDS (Wireless Domain Services) to get this working.So one of your 3502i need to configure as WDS.

The following types of roaming are supported over the wireless domain services:

Fast transition over Distributed System (DS)

Fast transition over Air

As long as you use WPA2/PSK, roaming will work without any WDS. So easiest solution would be depoying it without 802.11r & test the roaming time.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

HiI have not tested or

Hi

I have not tested or configured this feature, but as per the document, it seems like you need to have WDS (Wireless Domain Services) to get this working.So one of your 3502i need to configure as WDS.

The following types of roaming are supported over the wireless domain services:

Fast transition over Distributed System (DS)

Fast transition over Air

As long as you use WPA2/PSK, roaming will work without any WDS. So easiest solution would be depoying it without 802.11r & test the roaming time.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Rasika,It seem work

Hi Rasika,

It seem work without 11r Configuration. Thanks again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content