Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Billing Solution for Unified Wireless LAN

Hello,

I would like to deploy a billing solution for a Unified Wireless Lan using a WLC 4402-25 and 20 LWAPP 1131G. Can you advise me what solution I should use and, if a possible, give me a link to a tutorial or something like to understand how to integrate this solution with my wireless network.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Billing Solution for Unified Wireless LAN

Cisco NAC Guest Server has the ability to tie into a billing system. Now for a good doc on how to do that will be the challenge.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_hotspots.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Fella,

Thank you for replying.

My issue is to have a billing system supporting billing models using credit cards and bill by time witch is not supported by Cisco NAC Guest Server I think.

Thank you in advance.

Silver

"Credit Card Billing Support

"Cisco NAC Guest Server 2.0 provides the ability for guests to purchase accounts via credit card support."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/release_notes/20/gsrn20.html#wp65369

Of course, there are plenty of third-party solutions as well. Try googling for "hotspot billing software", "hotspot appliance", etc.

google colubris. You can use their appliance as a public gw for billing etc ...

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies