Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bonjour iTunes Wireless Sync Failure

Looking to see if anyone has experienced any iTunes Wireless Sync issues:  Network setup as follows:

2504 Wireless Controller running 7.6.100.10 and three 1602 AP's set for LOCAL Mode running CAPWAP, and running a Guest WLAN and a User WLAN.

We use a wide variety of Mac products (iPad, Mac Mini, AppleTV, iPhones, MacBooks), and are now experiencing iTunes Wireless sync failures.  I have mDNS enabled, mDNS is added to the WLAN's and the interfaces, multicast is tuned on, IGMP snooping enabled, multicast is enabled on the wired infrastructure....the weird thing is all the other Bonjour features are working.  We can push desktops to the AppleTV, Stream Music, Print, share files, etc  iTunes Wireless Sync is not working.  I've been watching the mDNS browser and using the Bonjour Browser on my MacBook and I notice a two odd things:

1) I never see a a Layer 3 Multicast MGID Entry with the Apple Multicast Network (224.0.0.251) populate in the Multicats Window

2) I have the service enabled for ITunesWirelessDeviceSharing (_apple-mobdev._tcp.local.) in my mDNS profile but I never see any device use that sting.  While watching the mDNS browser I do occasionally see the follwing: _apple-mobdev2._tcp.local. which is generated from the iPhone 5's.  I copied the string and created a new service and added it to my mDNS profile but still no joy.

Any advice would be welcomed

Chad

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yeah... I have ran into this issue with home sharing too... It worked fine in v7.2, but after that, it was broke.  I entered the string also on the WLC but that doesn't help.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Please check the Itune version

Apple iOS v5.0+

for implementing ITUNE please foillow the below links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies