Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bonjour over EOIP

Hi,

I have a use case with Applie IPADS and Apple TV connecting to the same WLAN. The WLAN has multiple interface associated with it as part of an Interface Group.

I want to allow Apple devices to see each other using the Bonjour Gateway feature of the WLC allowing mDNS (224.0.0.251:5353) to be forwarded across interfaces.

The particular issue I have is that the WLAN is Anchored to the DMZ. I believe Bonjour over EOIP is only supported if the Apple device in the DMZ is on the Wired network. All of my devices are Wireless only.

I am running 7.4.100. There are some posts mentioning that this setup is supported in 7.5 but I cannot find any information to support this.

Does anyone have this type of a deployment working?

Thanks,

Colm

2 REPLIES

Thanks for posting your

Thanks for posting your question to the Cisco Support Community and sorry for the non-response to your post. This is due to the fact that you actually posted to the wrong area of the community.

For the best chance to get replies and help with your question please post to this community and then delete it from it's current location.

Community to post to: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5956/getting-started-wireless

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Don't know if you got this

Don't know if you got this working or not with interface groups in the anchor WLC.  mDNS is supported on EoIP with v7.4, so I would think that you should be able to pass bonjour services from foreign to the anchor.  I don't have any customers that I have worked on that passes bonjour to the guest anchor, so really can't tell you if it truly works or not.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies