Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch to Branch AP Connectivity

pinjar84062
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have taken 10 AP wth 2504 controller for my Head office. I will also take two more ap's for my branch offices. Head office and Branch office which is connected through GRE tunnel using mpls. I will control ap's of branch office through wlc of my Head Office. For this every one used flex connectivity. I don't want to use flex connectivity. Is there any other way ? If yes, pls let me know the details ?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is the wrong forum to post your question. Post your question here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5956/getting-started-wireless

-Scott 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your info.

Depending on where your RESOURCES your branch offices need to access, you may not need Flex.   If all (most) of resources (i.e. file servers, DHCP, DNS, Internet, etc. are located in the central branch, then the AP at the branch will tunnel back to the WLC, and then be "close" to the resources.  If your branch, on the other hand, has print server, file server, and resources you access from branch wireless folk, then you'll be bouncing back and forth across the WAN a lot.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can leave the AP's in local mode but all the traffic will get tunnels to the WLC.  Typically your local site would have APs in local mode and your branch you would define as FlexConnect local switching. Why would you not want to use FlexConnect only on the branch office?

-Scott 

-Scott

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Try checking Release Notes for Cisco Wireless Controllers and Lightweight Access Points for Cisco Wireless Release 8.3.102.0 on http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn83.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: