Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging with AP1030 and Controller

Hi

I have a test enviroment with 2 ap1030 and i want to make a 5ghz bridge link with these two aps. this should be possilbe. but im not able to get it worked. i also didnt found a good documenation for this configuration.

do i need to make both aps in BRIDGE mode?

in the debugging i always get: LWAPP Join-Request AUTH_STRING_PAYLOAD, invalid BRIDGE key hash AP 00:0b:85:71:cd:a0

when i connect the "BRIDGE" ap to the lan. i set a key under zero touch config, and also tried to RESET the ap. doesnt work

anybody can help?

regards

6 Replies 6

rupert.wever
Level 1
Level 1

This would essentially be a 'mesh' network setup.

Both APs should be in bridge mode.

There may be an issue with the AP certs, but just to make sure: have you added the AP MAC addresses in the local MAC filters list [Security/Mac Filtering]?

mking
Level 1
Level 1

It's pretty simple, just not well documented.

1. First, write down the macs of each AP, and connect them so they are both assoicated to the controller.

2. Enable Zero Touch Config on your controller

3. Goto the Security Page, under AAA on the left side, click on MAC Filtering.

4. Add a Mac Filter for each of the AP's Macs (Which you already wrote down)

5. Goto the Wireless Page. Select Detail on one of the APs. Change it from Local Mode to Bridge AP

and hit APPLY. The AP should reboot.

6. Repeat this step with the Other AP.

7. Once both AP's have rebooted, and reassoiated, and you have confirmed they are both in Bridge AP mode, you can unpluge one of them. Just apply power, and it should setup the AP bridge.

8 IMPORTANT You cannot do this from WCS (I've never seen the option there)

From the AP details screen, select Ethernet Bridging (check the checkbox) on BOTH of the bridges.

You should be able to plug a client into the RJ45 of your remote bridge, and pass traffic now.

THIS Step is only nessacary if you entend to use the ethenet interface on the remote AP.

If you continue to have problems, you can try this: (Try the above first, since I don't think you created the MAC Filter, which YOU MUST do)

From controller CLI "config network allow-old-bridge-aps enable"

thanks for the great information.

but it still doesnt work.

i get in the debug:

LWAPP Join-Request AUTH_STRING_PAYLOAD, invalid BRIDGE key hash AP 00:0b:85:71:cd:a0

i have set the zerotouch key and after that i set both aps in bridging mode.

so as far is understand they should KNOW the correct key.

very strange.

Ok.

Try the allow old bridge key command.

From controller CLI

config network allow-old-bridge-aps enable

Some times it takes a few tries after you enable this command.

Also, I think only one PAP (the no ethernet connection unit) can exist to each RAP (The one with the ethernet) right now with the 1030.

Did that fix it?

sorry no =(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card