cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast storm

mauriciogenini
Level 1
Level 1

Tengo una red wireless con 8 equipos BR1310, los enlaces son pto a pto (4 saltos, el problema es que aumenta la actividad al punto de saturar el enlace y cortarlo, en los logs se ve que por exceso de retries la placa de radio queda deshabilitada. En las radios tengo Firmwares 12.3(8)JEA , 12.3(8).JA2 o 12.3(8)JA. Cual puede ser el problema?

4 Replies 4

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

For those of us who don't speak spanish, the babel fish version:

I have a network wireless with 8 equipment BR1310, the connections are pto to pto (4 jumps, the problem is that it increases the activity to the point to saturate the connection and to cut it, in logs sees that by excess of retries the radio plate is disabled. In the radios I have Firmwares 12.3(8)JEA, 12.3(8).JA2 or 12.3(8)JA. As it can be the problem?

mauriciogenini
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network wireless with 8 equipment BR1310, the connections are pto to pto (4 jumps, the problem is that it increases the activity to the point to saturate the connection and to cut it, in logs sees that by excess of retries the radio plate is deshabilitada. In the radios I have Firmwares 12.3(8)JEA, 12.3(8).JA2 or 12.3(8)JA. As it can be the problem?

My guess is that you are hopping from 1 AP to another until it gets to the AP that has a wired connection.

A general rule of thumb is 3 hops or less.

How are the radios bridged? Do you have an 802.11A radio to use as the backhaul? That would help alieviate the load on the b/g side a bit, not to mention avoid a lot of interference as well.

If not, you may want to consider some tweaks such as max connections, use a different, less congested channel, etc

Eric

Im have a jump point to point (4 jump, 8 radio Aironet BR1310)the radios was configured root and non root, Im use a different and less congested channel, but I`ve many trafic of data , this trafic, down the radio inteface and cut the comunications. This trafic it,s not generate for the stations comunicated, may be, that it,s generate for other near stations Attach pdf with diagram, the fiber optic is not service today.

Thank

Mauricio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: