Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BUILDING TO BUILDING CONNECTION

Hi All,

About Ten of our LAN users are moving to a new building which is about 50m far from the existing building for a few Monthes. They have there own cabling and must access our LAN for domain authentication..etc. I am thinking Two Access points with Antenna on each side but found it expensive solution.

Does anybody has simple and economical solution ?

I appreciate any help

GES

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: BUILDING TO BUILDING CONNECTION

You need two wireless bridges..Access Point will not work..I assume the distance between two buildings is 50 meter not a 50 mile as cisco's wireless bridges will cover upto 25 mile distance with a best line of sight..

you mean I can use two Wireless Bridges without external Antenna, like if i put both of them near to a window which is in a best line if sight on both Buildings.

Thankyou very much

GES

Cisco Employee

You need to use external antennas between buildings..Without that it will not work.

If you put two bridges 50 meters apart using the 2.2dBi di-pole antennas, you will have almost 100x the signal strength you need, however you will create 'noise' that may reduce the throughput for APs in either building.

Since this is a temporary setup, the cheap answer is to use a wireless client device to connect the remote building through your existing AP - as long as your applications can tolerate crossing a Layer 3 connection.

Price tag? Less than $500.

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

Blue Modal

www.BlueModal.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content