Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can an Aironet 1130ag assign IP addresses through DHCP running in autonomous mode?

The 1130ag was the LAP model but I upgraded it to run in autonomous mode.  My understanding is that it cannot assign IP addresses but I just want that confirmed.  It is not connected to a WLC nor a server that can do DHCP

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Can an Aironet 1130ag assign IP addresses through DHCP runni

You can configure "ip dhcp pool WORD" on an autonomous 1130.

Thanks for the tip...using that command I found this link http://www.soi.asia/ow/2005-it/textbook/ccmigration_09186a00804e7ecc.pdf

and on page 107 it listed all the commands necessary to accomplish the task.  I'm going to test it out next week at the location where I need it and will post the results.  What's funny is I called CISCO and they told me an 1130ag couldn't do this so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Maybe the person who answered your call didn't understand the question.  It's bound to happen but it's good that you followed your instinct.

I am wondering if they thought it was LWAPP ...

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Can an Aironet 1130ag assign IP addresses through DHCP running i

Yes you can. But how to assign this pool to SSID or to Dot11 radio subinterface?

I can configure DHCP pool on AP 1130, but the client's doesn't get these IP's

Views
Helpful
Replies