Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can center wireless clients be configured to work as remote office's clients?

Hello everyone,

Our company has a WLC5508 running on code 7.0.230.0. Currently all the remote offices' AP are running in h-reap mode with local switching. The center site is a data center managed by 3rd party. It has no AP and has no DHCP server. I've got a task to add one AP in the data center. I'm wondering if I can configured the new center AP to make the wireless clients get IPs from one of the remote offices and work just like the wireless clients in the remote office . I don't mind the traffic will need to tunnel back to the remote office.

Ant input will be appreciated.

Robert

1 REPLY
Bronze

Can center wireless clients be configured to work as remote offi

FlexConnect (previously known as Hybrid Remote Edge Access Point or H-REAP) is a wireless solution for branch office and remote office deployments. It enables you to configure and control access points in a branch or remote office from the corporate office through a wide area network (WAN) link without the deployment of a controller in each office. The FlexConnect access points (APs) can switch client data traffic locally and perform client authentication locally. When they are connected to the controller, they can also send traffic back to the controller.

You can check the below link for information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/ch7_HREA.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content