cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I connect AP340 and BRE500?

rmorales
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 buildings with wired LAN (Ethernet) each one.

Can I connect the 3 wired LANs with a BRE500 in the main building, a AP340 in other building and a AP340 in other building?

It is possible? Why?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BRE500 is replaced/renamed by Bridge 340..So BRE500 is basically a bridge 340..So all those 340AP's in "repeater mode" will be able to associate with BRE500 over the wireless links.

Now you can't connect the wired LAN of those AP's with wired LAN to BRE500 because the ethernet port of AP, acting as a repeater, will be disabled.

So you need a router to route between those LANs or need three bridges..

Just so i have this straight if i have 2 BRE500's acting as a bridge between two building and one goes bad I can just replace it with a BR350 and the two will pass data? Correct? Are the antennae connectors the same? or do i need to replace all BRE500's in order to communicate?? Not much on this subject anywhere.

Thanks so much

I would recommend to replace the bridges with the same model number. So if you decided to replace with 350 series, then replace both togather. BRE500 series is bit old.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card