cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I extract the webauth bundle from a WLAN Controller?

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm curious if anyone has ever lost the existing webauth bundle that was in a WLAN controller and figured out how to extract it from your production box.  I have never seen a way to download it from the controller to your tftp server - only a way to upload a new one to your wlan controller.

Has anyone ever figured that out?

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to pull it from the WLC as we don't have access to the underlying OS.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the info!!!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just curious... When you say lost the webauth bundle... Do you mean like the webauth on the wlc got corrupted or you accidentally replaced it? Or just lost the original copy?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Lost the original copy. As if you were a new employee and you walked into an organization and the old webauth bundle was not available.

We did see just a few minutes ago that we had a webauth bundle that would not un-tar without errors. We had another controller, so we uploaded it and it went through just fine. Went back to the original controller and it failed again.

We rebooted that controller, then uploaded the file and it worked that time. Your guess is as good as mine.

What I have done in the past, if you still have the webauth on the WLC is to do a preview and then copy source and name that login.html. Then copy the image(s) also. Then all you need to do is tar the files up and you have your bundle.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card