Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can i Mix AP models AIR-LAP1142N-I-K9 With AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 On Same Controller?

Controller 

WiSM WLAN Service Module               WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9

Software Version              7.0.250.0

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

HI,What is the country code

HI,

What is the country code configured on WLC.

AIR-LAP1142N-I-K9 : It is for Belarus,Marcedonia.....etc

AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9: It is for Europe domain

If your WLC is is configured for any europiaon country then AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 will join to wlc and AIR-LAP1142N-I-K9 qill not join.

If you want to join both AP to WLC then you must configure multiple country code on WLC.

Note:

Running multiple country codes in a WLC is a not a good idea,  be aware that only common channels will be allowed. Power will also be curtailed to the most common one. The best thing is to get another WLC and group them by using the same regulatory domain.   

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

HI,What is the country code

HI,

What is the country code configured on WLC.

AIR-LAP1142N-I-K9 : It is for Belarus,Marcedonia.....etc

AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9: It is for Europe domain

If your WLC is is configured for any europiaon country then AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 will join to wlc and AIR-LAP1142N-I-K9 qill not join.

If you want to join both AP to WLC then you must configure multiple country code on WLC.

Note:

Running multiple country codes in a WLC is a not a good idea,  be aware that only common channels will be allowed. Power will also be curtailed to the most common one. The best thing is to get another WLC and group them by using the same regulatory domain.   

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content