cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I use my external antenna's from my 1240 ap on my new 3500 series access points ?

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all

we are replacing the 1240 ag ap's with the new 3500 ones, can I use my external antenna's from my 1240 ap on my new 3500 series access points ?

cheers

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could if you want as long as they are the small dipole antennas. You would just need to buy one more of the 2.4ghz and 5ghz since the 3502e has three ports on each.

If you are using the dipole on the 1242, you should just bought the 3502i APs.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the antennas are the external mount ones, like the AIR-ANT2465P-R ? Can these be used with the 3500 AP?

cheers

No, because those are diversity patch with 2 leads. You would need a mini patch with 3 leads.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

It might be a good idea to have a new site survey done using the 3502i's and a few 3502e's if required.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

The antennas you pointed out only have 2 RP-TNC connectors. The 3500 has 3 bulk heads to support MIMO. The 3500 is a 2x3:2 . What this means is:

2 of the bulk heads TX (transmit)

3 of the bulk heads RX (receive)

2 is the number of spaitials.

If you use only 2 of the bulk headsd and or mismatch the 3 bulk head with a different antenna you will cause problems with how the radio tx and rx.

Make sense...

I wouldnt do it ... just my 2 pennys

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card