Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can't get CIsco 2504 and AIR-CAP2702I to connect above 173Mbps

I'm setting up a new environment of Cisco 2504 WLC and AIR-CAP2702I AP's.  I have my laptop right next to the AP and the connection is showing as 802.11ac but speed is only 173Mbps.  What do I need to do to get better .11ac speeds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Yes, you need to set 80MHz to

Yes, you need to set 80MHz to get 802.11ac throughput. Here is the detail data rates chart depend on channel width, Spatial Stream (SS) & Guard Interval.

Here is the reference ciscolive presentation above chart came from.

BRKEWN-2017 - Understanding RF Fundamentals and the Radio Design of Wireless Networks (2014 San Francisco) 

Pls mark this thread as answered if you satisfy with the response provided.

HTH

Rasika

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

What is your client  & how

What is your client  & how many SS it supports ? If it is 1SS device these values are practical. Also how do you measure this ? below what I do to measure the performance.

http://mrncciew.com/2014/08/08/how-fast-is-your-network-iperf/

Here is some of the testing I have done with 3700 AP, as you can see you will never get 433Mbps,867Mbps or 1.3Gbps (respectively with 1SS, 2SS,3SS devices) as throughput, if you get 50% of that value, it is very good setup.

http://mrncciew.com/2014/01/10/802-11ac-with-cisco-3700-ap/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses *****

I've been using the wireless

I've been using the wireless connection status screen to determine the connection speed.  

Since yesterday I found this chart which led me to the fact that the new AP's were set to 20Mhz by default.  Changed the channel width to 20MHz and now getting 780-866Mbps.  The AP's are supposed to be 3SS, but its possible my laptop only supports 2SS.

VIP Purple

Yes, you need to set 80MHz to

Yes, you need to set 80MHz to get 802.11ac throughput. Here is the detail data rates chart depend on channel width, Spatial Stream (SS) & Guard Interval.

Here is the reference ciscolive presentation above chart came from.

BRKEWN-2017 - Understanding RF Fundamentals and the Radio Design of Wireless Networks (2014 San Francisco) 

Pls mark this thread as answered if you satisfy with the response provided.

HTH

Rasika

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content