Views
Helpful
Replies

Can WLC 4402 support AIR-CAP1602E-S-K9?

Ivan Teo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I had 1 end of life WLC 4402 controller. Can it support AIR-CAP1602E-S-K9 access point? If cannot, what is the supported access points for WLC 4402.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 4402 does not support the 1600 series AP.  The 1600 Series is first supported in 7.4 Code, an the 4400 can only run up to 7.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_240_0.html#wp784295

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. Another question if i use the below access point with smartnet and configure as standalone AP. But in future if I want to configure to lightweight AP, can i request the firmware from CISCO TAC to flash the AP and make it lightweight? Thanks

AIR-SAP1602E-S-K9802.11a/g/n   Standalone AP, Ext Ant, S Reg Domain

Yes, you can download the recovery image and convert it to work with a WLC.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

You don't need a valid Service Contract to download the RCV IOS anymore.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Wii App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card