Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can WLC 4402 support AIR-CAP1602E-S-K9?

Hi

I had 1 end of life WLC 4402 controller. Can it support AIR-CAP1602E-S-K9 access point? If cannot, what is the supported access points for WLC 4402.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

The 4402 does not support the 1600 series AP.  The 1600 Series is first supported in 7.4 Code, an the 4400 can only run up to 7.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_240_0.html#wp784295

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. Another question if i use the below access point with smartnet and configure as standalone AP. But in future if I want to configure to lightweight AP, can i request the firmware from CISCO TAC to flash the AP and make it lightweight? Thanks

AIR-SAP1602E-S-K9802.11a/g/n   Standalone AP, Ext Ant, S Reg Domain

Yes, you can download the recovery image and convert it to work with a WLC.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Can WLC 4402 support AIR-CAP1602E-S-K9?

You don't need a valid Service Contract to download the RCV IOS anymore.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Wii App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content