cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot configure our Aironet 1200 Access Point, please help!

lewispumps
Level 1
Level 1

We have an Aironet 1200 Series Access Point that I am trying to set up for our shop employees. When I go into IPSU and enter the MAC address that is listed below the unit and click on get IP Address, it says device does not answer.

Then, when I click on set parameters and try to manually assign an IP address it says device does not answer for SET IP. I then noticed that I can change the last letter in the MAC address and get the same outcome. This got me to thinking that the MAC address might be wrong. I have tried this unit at several stations thinking it could be a bad wire, but that is not the case.

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it...

1 Reply 1

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the IPSU tool. If that does not help then you should be able use a serial cable and console into the access point. Here is a link showing the steps to do so. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/ap120scg/bkscgch2.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card