Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot configure our Aironet 1200 Access Point, please help!

We have an Aironet 1200 Series Access Point that I am trying to set up for our shop employees. When I go into IPSU and enter the MAC address that is listed below the unit and click on get IP Address, it says device does not answer.

Then, when I click on set parameters and try to manually assign an IP address it says device does not answer for SET IP. I then noticed that I can change the last letter in the MAC address and get the same outcome. This got me to thinking that the MAC address might be wrong. I have tried this unit at several stations thinking it could be a bad wire, but that is not the case.

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it...

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cannot configure our Aironet 1200 Access Point, please help!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the IPSU tool. If that does not help then you should be able use a serial cable and console into the access point. Here is a link showing the steps to do so. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/ap120scg/bkscgch2.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies