Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot connect to AP

I connected my Aironet 1200 to my network using a power injector. My switch can see it and its ip address. But when I ping that IP, I get request timed out. My DHCP server doesn't see it either, even though it must have given it the address. Using the IP Setup Utility, I get "Device does not answer" when clicking on "Get IP address". When I try to set the IP address using "Set Parameters" I get the error "Device does not answer for SET IP". The ap has the green lights flashing, and the ap ethernet port has green steady light on left and blinking amber light on the right.

When I first connected the ap to the network 3 weeks ago it didn't work, then after some disconnecting and reconnecting it started working. Then I unplugged the cable from the power injector to the switch over night. The next day after reconnecting it wasn't working and hasn't since.

Thanks, Jeff

4 REPLIES

Re: Cannot connect to AP

Hi,

it seems that you have a basic connectivity problem AP to switch.

What are the switch port error messages? I am sure there are some.

Maybe the power injector is faulty. Can you replace it to check?

Another possibility would be faulty cabling, again exchanging it could help to nail down the problem.

Hope this helps

Martin

There are no switch port errors or error messages. I've tried several different cables and several different port switches. I still haven't gotten hold of another power injector to try that yet. The power injector does have a green light on though. I'll see if I can get another one. Any other ideas?

Green

Attach to the console port and manually apply an IP address and mask to the "BVI0" interface.

IPSU must be on the same LAN segment (it uses the MAC address to find or apply the IP address), and it's not always reliable (IMO).

The AP comes out of the box with a set IP address of (I think) 10.10.10.1/8 ... not DHCP.

Out of the box, the AP should work in open mode with an SSID of "tsunami" (all lower case). I think they are also set to not allow connection to the AP by a wireless client. Setting an IP address (& etc) is only for configuration and management purposes.

So, manually apply an IP to the BVI0 interface, then access the AP with a browser to configure it.

Here's the link to the online Basic Setup Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008055c39a.shtml

Good Luck

Scott

OK, I figured out what happened. I set up the access point to block all MAC traffic except one MAC address. So now only that pc can connect to the wireless network, but can't connect to anything else including the access point because the traffic is blocked from any other MAC. I don't have the cable to connect from the console port to a pc. Is there a button of some kind on the access point which you can press that would reset it to factory default settings?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content